Friday, March 22, 2013

TreyBcakes - Sacramento, CA

TreyBCakes - Carrot Cake Cupcake
My next recommendation is in…and it’s a local Cupcake Wars finalist – TreyBcakes (http://treybcakes.com/cupcakes). TreyBcakes is a gourmet bakery and eatery located in midtown Sacramento. The first time I tried a TreyBcakes cupcake was at my best friend’s wedding in July 2012. At that time, I sampled one…and then two, mini carrot cupcakes. Immediately, I knew this cupcake was one to share…its hard to resist a creamy, buttery cream cheese icing! The smooth, slightly tangy cream cheese icing sprinkled with crumbled walnuts is a perfect, satisfying compliment to the texture-filled carrot cake. The golden-brown carrot cake contains warm spices, a nutty crunch, and vibrant orange shredded carrots. A definite must for cream-cheese/carrot cakes lovers like me! Want to sample a cupcake featured on Cupcake Wars? I recommend the Hawaiian German Chocolate cupcake. The moist chocolate cake is topped with a yummy, shredded coconut and macadamia-nut frosting! Delicious! Sorry….I wasn’t able to capture a picture of this cupcake; I was too excited, and maybe even star-struck, that I missed this opportunity…maybe I have to go back! My husband enjoys the LuLu cupcake - a rich chocolate cupcake dipped in chocolate ganache and filled with a fluffy marshmallow cream. TreyBcakes cupcakes are $2.75 and can be enjoyed on the outdoor patio or indoor lounge with lunch, a cup of coffee, or a friend.

1 comment:

  1. TreyBcakes is truly the best dessert/eatery in the Sacramento area! Everything I've tried and there have been too many to count, has been absolutely scrumptious! My favorite cupcake is the Lu Lu...this chocolate cake really is the best I've ever had! Incredibly moist, with a yummy marshmellow filling and dipped in chocolate ganache! I mean, seriously, it just doesn't get any better! There lunches are all homemade, right down to their croutons! If you haven't already...you've got to check this place out! I haven't been disappointed yet!!

    ReplyDelete